Who can participate?
ALL are welcome, from walkers to joggers to runners. Recruit your co-workers, as well as your family, friends, and neighbors! Gather a team! This is a family friendly event, strollers welcome.
How do I become a sponsor?
If you or your organization or business is interested in becoming a sponsor for The Louisville Earth Walk then please visit out sponsor registration page. A Louisville Earth Walk member will contact you shortly.
What are the benefits of sponsoring?
There are many benefits to becoming a sponsor for this high-visibility, sustainability-focused event. For more information of sponsor benefits as well as different sponsorship packages please visit our sponsor information page.
Where do I register and what are the fees?
You can register to walk as an individual or as a team by going to the Louisville EarthWalk registration page.
Fees for registration are:
- $15 for Individual Walkers
- $10 for each team member
What is a team?
Any group of people that registers and forms a team together to raise funds for EarthWalk 2017. Teams range from 2 people to 100 people or more.
The earlier you get your team formed, the more successful you can be! Teams can be comprised of walkers, virtual walkers, runners & crew. Ask your co-workers, friends or family to join you. If you have a corporate team, ask senior staff members to join your team. Establish a fundraising goal for your team and communicate the goal to your team. For example, if your team goal is $1000.00 and there are 20 people on your team, you will be able to communicate that each person on your team should raise a minimum of $50 in order to meet the team goal. The goal can always be raised!
To start a team, simply register your first team member and include the team name in the appropriate field.
Have fun! Make a team banner, wear matching shirts and walk together!
How can my team raise more money?
We suggest doing one, or all, of the following:
- Ask each team members to make a donation to themselves to get their fundraising started.
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or join your team and raise money themselves.
- Ask your human resources manager if your company has a matching gift program. Your company can also support the team via a direct donation to the team or by awarding a flat donation to each of the team’s walkers.
- Ask your vendors, clients, or customers to make a donation or join your team.
What are the benefits for walking?
- T-shirts to all those who raise more than $50
- 33% discounted registration fee for all those who enter as a team member ($10 vs $15)
- Prizes to those who raise the most money
- Top team and individuals will be listed on the website and social media
How can I get involved on social media?
80% of online users are using social media- reach out and grab them!
Is a great tool for both individual walkers and teams to let the world know that they are participating in this important event. Here are some suggestions to help you get more people involved!
Let your friends and networks know about your fundraising efforts and engagement by tweeting messages and pics and mentioning the Earthwalk Twitter handle – @louearthwalk!
Social Media For Individuals:
Use your Facebook status to post about your participation in EarthWalk. Be sure to include in your status how much you are hoping to raise and why the cause is important to you. When you receive a donation post a thank you to the donor on your wall and that of the donor. Donors like public thanks and it also serves as a reminder for those who have yet to give.
Social Media For Teams:
Have you formed a team? Announce it on your Facebook status bar. Does your team need members? Has your team met or exceeded their recruitment goal? Share the news! Has your team raised a ¼ or ½ of their fundraising goal? Post about the progress, keep your team motivated. Did someone on your team get a large donation? Post their success on your page and theirs. This type of praise will motivate your team-mates and they will continue fundraising.
What are the rules for the EarthWalk?
The Rules and Regulations for the Louisville Earthwalk are:
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- No-shows will not be mailed their race shirts.
- This is a 5K walk. If you are in poor health or have a heart or respiratory condition please do not participate unless you submit written permission from your physician.
- The decisions of the race director are final in all matters.
- Registration fee is $15/individual or $10/team member. Checks can be made out to Louisville EarthWalk.
- You must sign a waiver in order to participate.
- There will be race day registration, however those registering on race day will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Headphones with listening devices are permitted on the course but strongly discouraged for safety reasons.
- Participants must stay on the official course at all times. It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course. There will be signs posted to help.