The Louisville EarthWalk is a family-friendly event to be held in Iroquois Park on Saturday, April 22, 2017. The event’s goal is to celebrate the planet and raise awareness about ways members of the community can take steps to create a more sustainable city.
The Louisville Earth Walk will include music, information tables, brief inspirational talks and a nature-focused children’s play area. The centerpiece will be a 5K walk around beautiful Iroquois Park, pre and post walk activities will be hosted in the Iroquois Amphitheater. Musician include local favorites John Gage and the Troubadours of Divine Bliss.
Raise funds for Earth and win incentives!
Did you know that everyone who raises $50 gets a beautiful Earth Walk T-shirt? Raise a $1000 and get a brand new bike!
Earth Walk 2017 Pledge forms available now! Get yours here: tinyurl.com/LEWPledgeFlier
The Louisville EarthWalk will also feature activities designed to engage and educate the public on “steps they can take” to promote a cleaner, healthier, more sustainable community. Proceeds will be distributed among participating 501(c)(3) organizations. Each of these organizations will be on site to interact with the public during the event.
2017 Louisville EarthWalk Steering Committee
- Drew Foley, 350 Louisville
- Mary Beth Brown, Bicycling for Louisville
- Mark Steiner, Cultivating Connections
- Anne Walter, Drepung Gomang Center for Engaging Compassion
- Joy Henry and Marsha Dunlavey, Greater Louisville Sierra Club
- Mary Love, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
- Lane Boldman, Kentucky Conservation Foundation
- Tim Darst, Kentucky Interfaith Power & Light
- Jessica Kane, Kentucky Waterway Alliance
- Bill White, Louisville Sustainability Council
- Sally Craven and Sarah Lynn Cunningham, Louisville Climate Action Network
- Natasha Boroughs and Lilyanna Carroll, Passionist Earth & Spirit Center
- Frank Schwartz and Sandy Bowling, Project Warm
2017 EarthWalk Sponsors