The Louisville EarthWalk is a family-friendly event to be held in Iroquois Park on Saturday, April 21, 2018. The event’s goal is to celebrate the planet and raise awareness about ways members of the community can take steps to create a more sustainable city.
The Louisville Earth Walk will include music, information tables, brief inspirational talks and a nature-focused children’s play area. The centerpiece will be a 5K walk around beautiful Iroquois Park, pre and post walk activities will be hosted in the Iroquois Amphitheater.
Raise funds for Earth and win incentives!
The Louisville EarthWalk will also feature activities designed to engage and educate the public on “steps they can take” to promote a cleaner, healthier, more sustainable community. Proceeds will be distributed among participating 501(c)(3) organizations. Each of these organizations will be on site to interact with the public during the event.
2018 Louisville EarthWalk Steering Committee
- Drew Foley, 350 Louisville
- Mark Steiner, Cultivating Connections
- Stuart Ungar, EVolve KY
- Ryan Anderson and Laura Krauser, Food Literacy Project
- Marsha Dunlavey, Greater Louisville Sierra Club
- Mary Love, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
- Lane Boldman, Kentucky Conservation Foundation
- Tim Darst, Kentucky Interfaith Power & Light
- Jessica Kane, Kentucky Waterways Alliance
- Sally Craven and Sarah Lynn Cunningham, Louisville Climate Action Network
- Louisville Nature Center
- Lindsey Edelman, Louisville Sustainability Council
- Louisville Grows
- Natasha Boroughs and Lilyanna Carroll, Passionist Earth & Spirit Center
- Frank Schwartz and Sandy Bowling, Project Warm
- Anita Gadson, West Jefferson County Community Task Force
2018 EarthWalk Sponsors
Sponsor Information to come.