Who can participate?
All are welcome. Bring your friends and family. Recruit your co-workers and neighbors. Join a team or gather your own. This is a family friendly event, strollers and wheel chairs are welcome. Well-behaved dogs are welcomed as well, but not inside the amphitheater facilities.
How Can I Participate?
Stop and smell the roses.
Go shoeless and feel your feet touch the ground.
Dawdle and gaze at the trees overhead.
Jog and be amazed at your body.
Enjoy the world around you and within you.
Dance, run, skip or jog, sit still under a tree if you like.
Do the Earth Walk your way.
Where is the walk being held?
On the lower level loop of Louisville’s beautiful Iroquois Park. We will gather at the Iroquois Park Amphitheater. The path is paved.
How can I help raise funds to support the cause?
Once you’ve registered, you can easily set up a Fundraising Page that can be shared with family, friends and coworkers via email or social media. From your Fundraising page donating is a breeze!
How else can I support the cause?
In addition to setting up a Fundraising Page and securing donations you can tell others about the Earth Walk, in person or via email and social media.
What are the benefits of walking?
- Demonstrates support and raises funds for the organizing partners and their efforts to create a healthier more sustainable Louisville
- Earn an Earth Walk t-shirts for raising $50 or more
- It’s great for your health
- Win special prizes that will be awarded to individuals and teams who raise the most money
- Experience the company of good people that care about our city
- Top team and individuals will be recognized on our website and social media pages
Incentive Prizes for Individual Walkers:
- $25 Re-usable steel straw
- $50 Very cool Louisville Earth Walk T-shirt, 3rd edition
- $100 Re-usable bamboo utensils
- $250 Solar Charger for Cell Phone/I-pad
- $500 Dual Chamber Tumbling Compost Bin
- $1000 Collapsible Clothes Drying Rack
- $5000 Bicycle
How do I become a sponsor?
If you, your organization or business are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Louisville Earth Walk, please fill out the contact form on our Sponsorship Page. We will contact you shortly. Sponsorship details are available here.
How can our team raise money for the cause?
- Set up a fundraising page here and then do one or more of the following:
- Make a donation to get your fundraising started.
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you (or join your team) and raise money themselves.
- Ask your human resources manager about matching gift programs.
- Ask your vendors, clients, or customers to make a donation or join your team.
- Employers can also support via a direct donation to your fundraising page.
How can I get involved on social media?
Social media is a great tool for both individual walkers and teams to let the world know that they are participating in this important event. Here are some suggestions to help you get more people involved!
Like, follow and share our posts on Instagram and Facebook as well as our Twitter feed. Our hashtag is #LouEarthWalk
Let your friends and networks know about your fundraising efforts and engagement by tweeting messages and pics and mentioning the Earthwalk Twitter handle – @louearthwalk!
Social Media for Individuals:
Use your Facebook status to post about your participation in EarthWalk. Be sure to include in your status how much you are hoping to raise and why the cause is important to you. When you receive a donation post a thank you to the donor on your wall and that of the donor. Donors like public thanks and it also serves as a reminder for those who have yet to give.
Social Media for Teams:
Have you formed a team? Announce it on your Facebook status bar. Does your team need members? Has your team met or exceeded their recruitment goal? Share the news! Has your team raised a ¼ or ½ of their fundraising goal? Post about the progress, keep your team motivated. Did someone on your team get a large donation? Post their success on your page and theirs. This type of praise will motivate your team-mates and they will continue fundraising.