Who can participate?
All are welcome. For our live event, or for our virtual event, you can include your friends and family. Recruit your co-workers and neighbors. Join a team or gather your own. This is a family friendly event, strollers and wheel chairs are welcome during our live event. How Can I Participate?
EVENT: Virtual Walk, At Your Own Pace, In Your Own Space
Take 24 hours to walk at your own pace in your own space. Choose your own favorite paths and routes in your neighborhood, nearby parks, your treadmill, wherever.
Start Time: 12:01am EDT
End Time: 11:59pm EDT
Where is the walk being held?
On the lower level loop of Louisville’s beautiful Cherokee Park.
How can I help raise funds to support the cause?
Once you’ve registered, you can easily set up a Fundraising Page that can be shared with family, friends and coworkers via email or social media. From your Fundraising page donating is a breeze!
How else can I support the cause?
In addition to setting up a Fundraising Page and securing donations you can tell others about the Earth Walk, in person or via email and social media.
What are the benefits of walking?
- Demonstrates support and raises funds for the organizing partners and their efforts to create a healthier more sustainable Louisville
- Earn an Earth Walk t-shirts for raising $50 or more
- It’s great for your health
- Win special prizes that will be awarded to individuals and teams who raise the most money
- Experience the company of good people that care about our city
- Top team and individuals will be recognized on our website and social media pages
Incentive Prizes for Individual Walkers:
- $50 Very cool Louisville Earth Walk T-shirt, 2021 edition
- $100 “Sustainable Consumer” package with re-usable bamboo utensils and straws
- $250 Solar Charger for Cell Phone/I-pad
- $500 Earn a Nylon Hammock
- $1000 Earn a 10-Speed Bike
How do I become a sponsor?
If you, your organization or business are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Louisville Earth Walk, please fill out the contact form on our Sponsorship Page. We will contact you shortly. Sponsorship details are available here.
How can our team raise money for the cause?
- Set up a fundraising page here and then do one or more of the following:
- Make a donation to get your fundraising started.
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you (or join your team) and raise money themselves.
- Ask your human resources manager about matching gift programs.
- Ask your vendors, clients, or customers to make a donation or join your team.
- Employers can also support via a direct donation to your fundraising page.
How can I get involved on social media?
Social media is a great tool for both individual walkers and teams to let the world know that they are participating in this important event. Here are some suggestions to help you get more people involved!
Like, follow and share our posts on Instagram and Facebook as well as our Twitter feed. Our hashtag is #LouEarthWalk
Let your friends and networks know about your fundraising efforts and engagement by tweeting messages and pics and mentioning the Earth Walk Twitter handle – @louearthwalk!
Social Media for Individuals:
Use your Facebook status to post about your participation in EarthWalk. Be sure to include in your status how much you are hoping to raise and why the cause is important to you. When you receive a donation post a thank you to the donor on your wall and that of the donor. Donors like public thanks and it also serves as a reminder for those who have yet to give.
Social Media for Teams:
Have you formed a team? Announce it on your Facebook status bar. Does your team need members? Has your team met or exceeded their recruitment goal? Share the news! Has your team raised a ¼ or ½ of their fundraising goal? Post about the progress, keep your team motivated. Did someone on your team get a large donation? Post their success on your page and theirs. This type of praise will motivate your team-mates and they will continue fundraising.
The Food Literacy Project
Greater Louisville Sierra Club,
Kentucky Conservation Committee
Kentucky Interfaith Power & Light
Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
Louisville Climate Action Network
Louisville Sustainability Council
Passionist Earth & Spirit Center
Our Earth Now